1.18.2007

Dark Spots

First, I stole the title for my bundle articles from Fight.

Movie Night 1-17-07
We got free tickets to the movie that won best foreign language film from the wrinkly golden globes (I was going to link to Borat's acceptance speech, but Dick Clark Productions apparently shut it down on youtube. Dick.) Letters from Iwo Jima is not a foreign film. It tells the story of this battle with a focus on the Japanese, but it is still very clearly from the perspective of an American. That's the most disappointing thing about the movie: it purports to show the other side, but it just doesn't work in that way. I still really liked it, though. It uses the other side thing to bring up issues of how we value life, both our own and those of Others. It's long and kind of slow; it's a lot like every other war movie; its winning best foreign film is bullshit; but I still recommend it, if you're ever in the mood.

FESPN Podcast
I think it would be cool to do a podcast version of FESPN. The Wood's are way funnier than real sports talk personalities, and some of the posts on that site are totally good. Does anyone have any advice on good ways to record and post podcasts? I don't know if it will really happen, but it would be fun.

Boots
K ordered us some boots this week. I'm pretty excited about it. I haven't had boots since grade school. Those look pretty heavy duty, eh? Then we're going to go on wussy little hikes that we pretend are big and difficult and require heavy duty boots. B will love it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

WeWillDie

My photo
Thighs
Life is Better Now.