4.03.2007

The next year she bought a new stomach...


From liverpool made in detroit. 
John Cale made at least a couple of really great albums in the 70's.
Paris 1919 is one of
my favorite albums, but this earlier one,
"Vintage Violence", boy, it has really been growing on me.

It seems like he's still just a bit unsure how he wants to sound
post-Velvets. Sometimes he tries too hard
to be a pop star,
and these are the weakest moments. He was probably friends
with the rolling stones, and
sometimes he sounds like jagger.
I swear its jagger singing backup on charlemagne. One of the
best songs
is ghost story but the decision to cut it off suddenly
almost ruins it. I don't get that.
I'm going to put Amsterdam on a
mix for my friend whos going to cook school. I have a few other
John Cale
albums to listen to. Hope they are nearly as good as this.



1 comment:

allibaster said...

hey! i like that cale album too. first song is great.

Blog Archive

WeWillDie

My photo
Thighs
Life is Better Now.