3.01.2007

AVANT ROCK DOG WALK #2

I got new phones. Sound is great. B was hyper-excito, so I leashed her up, wrapped a scarf, and plunged into the purple dusk. It was purple, see below. I chose a brand new one this time: "Grindstone" by the Norwegian band Shining.
Things were good at first -- prog-jazz versions of Bach in my head, young couple sharing a cigarette on the street, B marching right on beat. Came across a sketchy looking alley that we certainly would have skipped were it not for the newly Sabbath-y sounding demons in my phones. B dodged a gasoline puddle, ate some chinese, and barked mean at a caged pit bull. We made it. Changed directions. Shining got a bit boring. They think the moody blues are cool in Norway?
We ended up near Trolley Square. Another black metal alley. There is actually an old Trolley car in someone's yard over there. I took a pic with my cell phone but it's too dark to see. So, did they ship trolley's here from San Francisco or something? To make this weird theme mall? People got shot here not long ago. Came to have dinner and didn't think for a moment that they weren't perfectly safe.
Music sounds like Miles Davis's "On the Corner", but much less violent, less everything.




STATS
Time Elapsed: 45 min.
Songs Heard: 12
Favorite Track (tonight): Asa Nisi Masa
Pieces of Garbage Eaten by B: some chinese; something else
Landmarks: weird little alley; someone apparently bought a lot that included a real trolley car
Notes: new Shining is not very good

No comments:

Blog Archive

WeWillDie

My photo
Thighs
Life is Better Now.