2.06.2007

Rock and Roll. We are from Japan!




It's been a while since I've posted. Frantic days. Dentist. (I fucking hate dentists. Crooks, man.) I thought I'd write about some of the new music I've had piling up on my computer. Lots of good stuff lately, actually.

My very favorite thing of the moment is this new album by the Japanese band Boris. It's called Rainbow and it's co-credited to the Ghost guitarist Michio Kurihara. His guitar playing is really the element that keeps knocking me out. He plays with several styles throughout, sometimes layered atmospherics, sometimes barely appropriate freak-outs, but it's always interesting. Boris mostly play it straight, sort of timidly waiting Kurihara's screech, but the music isn't filler.



Kurihara's real job, Ghost, released some product recently too. In Stormy Nights sounds pretty good so far, but hasn't had the immediate effect of Rainbow or the previous Ghost album. The album is built around a half hour long noise piece that just doesn't work that well. The song songs are pretty solid, though.

No comments:

Blog Archive

WeWillDie

My photo
Thighs
Life is Better Now.