2.08.2007

Dark Spots

Movie Night 2/7/07
Dollar movie. The Fountain. This crazy freak of a movie really surprised me. It was pretty darn cool. Happy/Sad love story with a Buddhist conquistador. About dealing with grief. I think. And somehow living forever. This Aronofsky seems like a really interesting fella. I hear Brad Pitt begged Aronofsky to put him in his next movie. Here's hoping it doesn't happen. The Fountain joins the list of good movies from last year. Short list. It's a pretentious movie, no doubt. Rachel Weisz is pretty, but I don't think she can really act, just smile.

Co-op
I've been wanting to post about the food co-op for a while. K and I have now been a part of this community food buying project for two months, and we think it's pretty awesome. Actually, I don't know why you're not doing it (if you live in SLC). The co-op website has all the info you need. You get lots of good food for about half the price of the grocery store. This month we got tilapia fish, pork chops, chicken, potatoes, grapefruit, pears, a loaf of good bread, bean soup, lots of stuff. If you're a solo, you can order just a half share. Part of the deal is that you commit to two hours community service per month. If you're interested you can volunteer with J and I to help with the food deliveries. It's not bad at all. Makes you feel like a good commie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't judge real talent if it bit you on the ass. Rachel Weisz is a great actress.

senordustin said...

You might be right.

Blog Archive

WeWillDie

My photo
Thighs
Life is Better Now.