2.14.2007

Communism, Anarchism, Nihilism

I've been thinking about the band CAN a lot lately. I've noticed lots of bands are releasing albums that sound like them, and I think thats pretty cool. In fact, if I were talented enough and had weird enough talented buddies, I'd start a band that sounded a little bit like CAN. I've heard most of their albums, first four at least, and I love them. My favorites are Ege Bamyasi and Tago Mago. These seem to be the consensus faves. If you've not heard these two albums, I promise, after a few listens, you will love them.
The first album, Monster Movie, is pretty great too. It has an American singer (Damo Suzuki is the vocalist on the later albums) who apparently had to quit the band because they were bad for his mental health. Yoo Doo Right is the most famous song on Monster Movie, and it's neat. Reminds me of Velvet Underground.
I'm not sure that there is any truth to the name being an acronym. Wiki says it's a backronym. Probably.

No comments:

Blog Archive

WeWillDie

My photo
Thighs
Life is Better Now.