11.16.2006

Good Album Art - 06

(Please excuse the crappiness of the layout. It looks just perfect in the preview, and so crappy in real life. If you have some tips about this Blogger crap, help me out.)
I've been sort of trying to keep track of some of the more impressive album covers this year. I'm a sucker for packaging.
Here's a very few of my favorites:
Keith Fullerton Whitman - Lisbon
I love this one. Some pretty building in Lisbon, shot
very nicely. Green and mossy. The album too is quite beautiful, live ambient. But, you'll probably never give it a chance.






Destroyer - Destroyer's Rubies
Also amon
g my favorite albums of the year musically, Rubies reminds me of the picture on the back side of Leonard Cohen's Songs From A Room. I kinda wish the photo had been used alone, without the ruby header. It just fits, right? That dude in a room with one pretty woman and lots of books. He's a cool dude.



Thom Yorke - The Eraser
A bit disappointed by The Eraser? Me too. Especially after seeing the artwork months earlier. I don't know if this artist has worked on any of the Radiohead stuff, but I really like their artwork usually also. There are 3 or 4 songs that are kick assers on here.





Benoit Pioulard - Precis
I haven't heard this album, but I want to own it on LP. It just looks so neat.






Jarvis Cocker - Jarvis
This guy is awesome. I haven't heard this yet either, but I'm working on it. He made one great album with Pulp, Different Class, and one album with a great cover:

Actually, Hardcore is pretty interesting too.
<----------But that's funny.





Right on. There are lots more cool ones, so please feel free to drop a comment with links to some that you like!

No comments:

Blog Archive

WeWillDie

My photo
Thighs
Life is Better Now.