1.01.2007

The New Year

I have to go back to work tomorrow. That's sad, because I've been off for 10 days now. Getting pretty used to waking up at 11 and not showering til 6. New year. I woke up really depressed, you know? I don't know why, I guess it's just the world not quite living up to what I'd like it to. I usually go through a pretty heavy depression at the beginning of a new year. Is that normal? Anyway, I'm kinda shaking it off already, and trying to feel good about 2007. I had fun on New Year's Eve, hanging out with friends, like Adam ^. Looks like fun, eh?

Here's some resolutions:

1. Try not to buy so much crap. I hate how much money is wasted on cheap shit. I want to be more aware of what I'm buying, and to whom the money is going. K. had some statistics about the distribution of capital in this country that just made me sick. I can't really summarize it here, but maybe I'll try to post it soon. I can't believe people are okay with the huge and growing gap between rich and poor. All this ties in with...

2. Somehow get more involved in community issues and activities. Seems to me, the best way to make an impact would be for communities to learn to be less dependant upon corrupt, intrusive corporations. This may be an unrealistic goal, but it's important to me personally to combat what feels like an epidemic of consumerist greed and corporate manipulation.

3. Become less ignorant about politics and history. That means read a lot of books on the topics. Trouble is, I don't know what to read. Please make suggestions.

4. Eat better; get in shape. Every year my appetite and love of food seems to grow, so every year I get a little chubbier. I don't want to stop eating the food I love, just to be aware and work out regularly. This is the perennial resolution. The one I always blow. Lifto, are you going to work out with me, or what?

5. Help K. with home improvements. This one i'm not excited for, cuz it means lots of work and lots of money, but it's important, and the results will be worth it.

There are lots more, but I guess they're more personal, ordinary things.

I am going to finish up an Os Mix '06 with some of my favorite songs from last year that I'll send to whoever wants it. I'll post here when I finish it. Let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i want it.

Blog Archive

WeWillDie

My photo
Thighs
Life is Better Now.