1.26.2007

Dark Spots


Movie Night 1-24-04
Sullivan's Travels. If you've never seen Sturges' movies, you need to. There is a nice new set with about six of his movies, and so far so good. Queue em up. I probably liked this a little less than Unfaithfully Yours, but it might be the better movie. Let My People Go. Powerful stuff. And funny, too. We may change movie night to Sturges night for a month or so.

Sports
Lots of people are looking forward to next weekend, but this one has the better shiz. Australian Open finals: This guy Gonzalez has been stomping great players. I think he might take a set from Federer. I'll root for Williams over the babe.
My tennis elbow returns. I hit backhands like Gumby.

Tonight, the Jazz play the Nuggets. I think that would be a good one to go see, but I doubt there's a ticket left. I hope the Jazz win, but I won't be surprised if those two Nugget guys get 50 apiece. I know a fella that loves A.I. and has prophetic dreams concerning him.

Bowie
I'm gonna listen to a lot of Bowie over the next few months and maybe Fridays I'll write about it, album by album or something. I started with the very early recordings compiled on a disc called The Deram Anthology 66-68. This is weird stuff for him. He sounds like he's trying to fit in with the sixties pop crowd but feels very insecure about it. Some are still really good, others are really, really bad. I guess it's pre-satan worship, so no one was telling him not to put fart noises at the ends of songs, or chipmunk choruses and laughing gnomes. The music for the most part is well produced and interesting, using lots of different styles. I think Dukes of Stratosphear must have loved this stuff.

No comments:

Blog Archive

WeWillDie

My photo
Thighs
Life is Better Now.